What is Digital Nomadism – Why is it Important?
Digital nomads and remote work are growing trends. But is your business ready? Find out why digital nomadism is more important than ever. Employees working remotely go by many names.
Now there’s another: digital nomads. Considering that 34% of professionals work out of the office for four days or more, for a technologist like you, addressing the IT support needs of today’s workforce has never been more important, no matter where she works. Or, provide solutions that make technology more accessible and secure. ノマド と は In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, digital nomadism has never been more prevalent. So what is a digital nomad? Why is this trend so important to your business?
What is digital nomadism?
Digital nomads are workers who choose to operate regardless of location. Thanks to mobile devices and remote technologies, more and more employees can work from anywhere. In fact, nearly five million people already call themselves digital nomads. Whether someone is always on the move or chooses to stay in one place for weeks, using digital tools to stay connected is at the heart of today’s digital nomadism trend.
The benefits of being a digital nomad
While COVID-19 is a major driver for businesses to embrace digital nomadism, this trend has been confirmed for some time. And companies that take advantage of this highly flexible business model reap many benefits:
- Increased Productivity – With constant connectivity and an always-on employee, you can work anytime, anywhere. In general, people who aspire to become digital nomads have one thing in common: they are highly motivated.
- Better Ideas – The freedom of not being tied to a desk can unleash greater levels of creativity within your staff. And that means greater potential for breakthrough ideas. Working in a different place every day gives your employees diverse experiences that help them make creative connections that working professionals aren’t likely to make.
- More adaptability – Digital nomadism often pushes people out of their comfort zone. Distance workers are constantly adapting to new environments, cultures, and populations. And it makes your employees smarter, more attentive, and more willing to learn new things.
- Greater Efficiency – Technology tools help you complete your work and find new business opportunities faster than ever. Beyond the obvious competitive advantages, this creates, it also allows your employees to better balance their work and private lives. By spending more time doing what they love, your employees become even more loyal and dedicated to the success of the company.
Why is digital nomadism important?
ノマドと は Experts predict there will be as many as one billion digital nomads by 2035. In the not-too-distant future, one in three employees will be working remotely, as the trend of digital nomadism continues to take hold in the corporate space. If it’s not yet clear, statistics like this mean we need to prepare for this inevitable change now. That said, it requires a variety of essential devices and skills.
- Laptop – In most cases, a laptop is a must for successful remote work. Therefore, your IT team should be ready to support these devices from anywhere. Otherwise, your digital nomads won’t have the processing power to handle their daily workload.
- Smartphones – If your employees working from home are not using laptops, they are likely to be using smartphones. Modern work environments require mobile messaging, file sharing, and team collaboration tools to be successful.
- Headsets and microphones – Communication and maintaining contact are essential for digital nomadism to work. So it makes sense that these technologies are key to getting your global workforce on the same page.
- Unified Communications – In addition to the ability to communicate, your out-of-office team needs reliable infrastructure to support the applications and systems they use every day.
- Productivity Planners – Staying focused is a challenge for anyone working from home. Productivity planners are helpful tools that keep your team members on track with weekly goals that track each project and make your work visible to everyone else.
- VPN Services – Anyone working on a secure corporate network uses a variety of public Wi-Fi networks. And it’s risky when sensitive business information is involved. By providing them with a reliable VPN to access the internet, you are protecting your users against a whole host of threats they are likely to face.
- Translation Tools – Diversifying your workforce by bringing in international talent means not everyone is a native English speaker. Translation tools and apps help ensure that, regardless of language barriers, everyone understands what is expected of them.
- Calendar Services – Meetings can be a hassle to coordinate and schedule. Especially if you do not have access to the schedule of your colleagues or if you do not have visibility on it. Calendar services ease this burden by sending everyone alerts and reminders to keep them informed and up-to-date with everything that is happening.
Digital nomadism is here to stay. And some of your teammates will probably be away soon – if they haven’t already. So it’s worth investing in putting technologies and processes in place to enable remote working now. Businesses are becoming increasingly global. To protect your devices, data points, and people in this age of digital nomadism, you need to manage workforce technology in the most efficient and secure way possible. Schedule your FileWave Platform demo now to see how we can help you get there.